Sunday 17 May 2015

Use the space!

I was lying in bed last Wednesday night. It's the night before having to set off for school at North Kent Community Church - now renamed Eastgate - so hubs sleeps in another room so that I don't disturb him when I get up at 4.45am and stumble around getting ready to journey off to Gravesend!

As I lay there in the darkness, thinking about life and stuff, I got chatting to God and said to Him, 'Sometimes, I feel You're not with me at all!'
In His still-small-voice-in-my-spirit way, I heard Him reply,
'Do you ever wonder if I feel the same about you?'

He waits
My eyes snapped open. I lay there and thought about the answer. 
Whilst I felt no condemnation in the question, I did feel a sadness - for both of us; my Daddy and me. Sometimes, he misses me. He LONGS to feel me close to Him. I read my bible and some great christian books. I listen to worship. I do all sorts of christian things. But they are not the same, nor as satisfying for either of us as just being with one another and enjoying 'wasting time' together, chilling, chatting, or just silent together.

'You're right,' I whispered, as I spread my arms wide on the bed in a gesture of adoration and embrace...then...whoops! 
On my left, my outstretched arm met with hubs' empty bed space whilst my right arm flopped over the bedside. I realised suddenly, with a smile, that there I was, a whole king-sized bed to myself, and I was lying in my usual position - right on the edge, leaving no support at all for my open arm! I have this massive bed all to myself but still confine myself to the space I am used to! And I have a massive life too with space-a-plenty!


It made me think about Jesus' promise, 




It's so easy to get into a pattern of daily life and carry on in the same way, day after day without realising that actually, there is a whole 'empty space' of that life that we just aren't taking advantage of. I can certainly be happy and thankful with all that I have; all that God has given me but He is itching to give me more in every way. All I have to do is seek, ask, knock. not to settle for plain contentment. Enjoy every blessing that I can. As a parent, I don't wrap gifts for my children to sit on the sideboard. I want them opened to be enjoyed; opened to thrill; opened to expand their lives. How much more does my Heavenly Daddy long for me to discover His gifts, gleefully anticipating their effects and enrichments on my life?



There is 'space' to be used and I intend to start rolling over into it...unless it's night-time...and the night isn't Wednesday!



1 comment:

  1. You're amazing!! I love your honesty darlink, makes me feel I'm not the only one who's going through life feeling like this 😊 love you lots xx

    ReplyDelete