Tuesday 3 February 2015

Mission: Supernatural

Whoop!! Whoop!! ....I think!!!!!
Tomorrow I am heading down south on a Mission Trip with NKCC European School of Supernatural Life. I can't tell you where - I may have to kill you....and hopefully this posting will NOT self destruct in five seconds!

To be honest, I don't know what I can say online about the trip - I didn't think to ask BUT I can be vague and general with a toe in the Water of Specific.
We have a team going down to a church where TeamWe will be doing various activities with members of the church community that we hope will impact the local community in many positive ways and inspire those we leave behind at the end to press on in seeing God thrill them. This quote from Kris Vallotton expresses some of my expectations well...

During our time leading the student ministry at church, our vicar, Nigel Di Castiglione, and his wife, Annie who co-led with us, always impressed on us that, as Christians,Children of the King, we carry God's presence and Christ's glory with us and change the atmospheres of all the places we go - a truth that has also been wonderfully reinforced by the leaders at School. Knowing this, believing this and always expecting this, makes the ordinary extraordinary. These inspirational friends, together with our brilliant student team, my fellow pupils at School and, of course, my lovely Hubs, have spurred me on during this journey of revelation, expectation and adventuring together in the things of God.


SO! Back to the Mission. Whist what we are doing isn't set in stone, included will be:

  • Treasure Hunting - looking out for folk in the locality that God wants to bless with His love
  • Prophetic Activities - these will be varied but may include art, objects and words all giving the recipient some expression  of God's blessing and encouragement to warm their hearts and spirits
  • Helping out in the Cafe in the church and childrens'/youth groups on Sunday
  • A wild card - at least one (I am saying that in faith because Vicki Schulz said something wild to me on Friday)
I am really excited and deciding not to stand with 'fearful'. What I know is that:
  • God will use me. God will use me. God will use me. God will use me.
  • He already knows who we will be meeting in all these different areas and activities 
  • He loves every person we will come into contact with
  • Whatever outcome we see, lives will be changed because we are there, because God is there
  • He is even more excited than we are. If He already didn't sleep, He wouldn't sleep for glee.
  • It doesn't matter if I look stupid because I will never see most of these people again and the ones I will see again, don't mind 
WELL!! TeamWe...not long now, Buddies 


"Do not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest.' Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes and see that the fields are white for harvest"
John 4:35

Trusting that the white will not be snow!!
Back soon.
Socks off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment