Thursday 27 August 2015

Off to David's Tent

This time tomorrow, I will be under a massive canvas, enjoying the start of seventy two hours non-stop worship in David's Tent. As last year, I plan to stay up for the whole time, enjoying being part of the crowd pouring out a heart of worship to Almighty God. 
I did actually catch a couple of hours snooze in the car and a couple more on someone's floor last year but the whole rest of the time, I had a ball with God. Despite the crowds, it sometimes felt like just Him and me.


I didn't go around with anyone on purpose. I  just wanted to experience that time in the presence of God amongst His people. I think part of that was allowing myself to be the introvert that I am but I felt a great freedom just to 'be' with God. I soaked (just lay/stood/sat there enjoying the music and the presence of God); I prayed; I enjoyed that occasional conversation; sang my heart out and, a couple of times, danced like a madwoman in a way that I never would have before that point; and I enjoyed the sky, I didn't care what I looked like or smelled like - though I hope the latter was OK! I took perfume and babywipes are wonderful. I had practised putting on a bit of makeup without a mirror, keeping my hair fairly reasonable and had clothes that don't crease badly. I just didn't want to care unnecessarily about those things and this year, I don't feel that I am bothered at all!
Last year I also fasted for the first couple of days to pray and be more unhindered, then THOROUGHLY enjoyed a veggie and humous-filled pitta on the last day, savouring every bite, chew and sensation in my mouth...utterly thankful for it! I really knew and appreciated the meaning of the phrase, 'Party in my mouth.'
So, I am off to pack and repeat the process - thought there will be a big pile of friends there as well that I just didn't know last year. I will get love and hugs a-plenty, I am sure. But the best thing, the very best, will be welling up and over-spilling with worship, in song, silence and all the things of daily life there, from a heart of love for and gladness to be with the Lord and Creator of the Universe; my heavenly Dad. I may even bust a few new moves in celebration!































No comments:

Post a Comment