Tuesday 16 December 2014

Spitting

I do like to get people's attention!

I have told my children, my four Beauties, that when I am old, I am going to be like the lady in the poem, 'Warning' by Jenny Joseph, partly cos I fancy the naughty life and partly to give them a taste of what it was like to be in a public place with a misbehaving child.

So I have been thinking ahead as to what behaviours I have to learn. I thought I would start with spitting. Thus I duly took it upon myself one evening, in a private, easily cleanable and appropriate place - I am not telling where I was as one person's spitting place might not suit another and I am not going to open myself up to unnecessary telling off by 'well-wishers' -  to try to spit some good distance. Let me tell you, it's NOT a great idea. I just ended up with a wet chin and a soggy jumper! No distance at all!! SO I have relocated myself to the shower...not every night, but every so often and always followed by a scrubbie and Cif, to be on the safe (and hygenic) side.
Why am I telling this story?
First, I like the idea that my Beauties will read it and exclaim, 'OH MOM!!' in the privacy of their own homes and likely follow it up with a personal, face to face plea of, 'PLEASE don't ever do that when you are out with me!' I will respond with an innocent-looking, fingers-crossed reply of, 'OK Darling.'


Second, as I get older and as I contemplate the future, following various events of this year, I am considering the field of that future. What does it hold? What will be growing there?
In a conversation about futures with a leader at School last week, I commented that I didn't know what to do. Their reply has given me food for thought. They challenged my to ask myself two questions: 
1) What is my dream?  
2) Who do I want to be with?

WOW! Easy questions!?
I certainly want to carry on going forward in my walk with God and seeing Him continue changing me and my world through me. I have spent time with leaders and people who yearn and live to see God stretch the 'impossibilities' in life. Also with those who are content with the status quo


I read a quote by Mark Marx today 

'When limited by impossibility, wrap your mind around heaven until possibility becomes limitless.'

As I focus on who God is, what He holds in His hands, of COURSE impossibilities can be. What an exciting truth! I am off to give some thought to what my dream is. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment