Thursday 8 January 2015

No Eye has seen...

A bit of a rest from the New Year challenges (post of December 30th). 

Besides the fact that I have been away from my pc, I have spent the last few nights trying to remember all the questions so far and my answers so that it will not have been a fruitless or pointless task. I have committed to memory all the things I answered and can recite them back on request...slowly!

So today's post is prompted by this picture...



I quizzed myself for a few seconds, 'How on EARTH did they do that?'

As yet, it is not a reality - just a plan in the making but as I first cast eyes on it, it made me gasp with wonder and a long 'WOWWwwwwww!' with its ambition and beauty.

As I gazed, I was suddenly struck by the thought that this construction, this wowness and innovation is nothing new to God. NOTHING is new to Him. Nothing takes Him by surprise. Nothing makes Him think, 'Aw shucks - I wish I had thought of that!'

He knew, when he made me, that making myself go cross-eyed would give me double vision and make me laugh. Maybe that's why He made me that way - He loves to hear me laugh. And even better, I reckon, if I laugh at something that is of His very own design. 
He knew that I would LOVE crunching my feet through dried Autumn leaves. Don't you know, that is why He made them that way - because He loves my delight? You all get to benefit too!

I was put in mind of the bible verse in 1 Corinthians 2:9, 


Good - God has already made things and had plans to stun me. 
Better - He has more of each lined up for my future here on Earth - things to delight, amaze and excite me. 
Best - He has SO much lined up already in Heaven where we will be together for eternity. 
Jesus says He has gone ahead to prepare my rooms in the Big House. In Keith Green's song, 'I Can't wait to Heaven', he sings that, having created the Universe in 6 days, Jesus has been working on Heaven for 2000 years! My Room is gonna be the Bomb!!

I thank God for all His creation. I thank Him that He created His children with such imagination and creativity waiting to be birthed at the right time. He gave man minds to create and invent beyond our wildest dreams.

Just before I head for bed to have a mini dream, I leave you with this bit of fun......


And you never know, perhaps in our dreams tonight, God will show you or me the next big thing to invent. If He shows it to you, I claim dibs on a share in the profits and we will treat ourselves to a short break in the Moon Tower!!




No comments:

Post a Comment