Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome 2016

WOW!
How fast a year goes these days! Even the last almost 3 months since I last wrote!
SO first to say sorry for the long break. I guess life after my Mum died was rather more random and hectic than I expected and I let myself get over tired. I still am but hopefully feeling better motivated to handle it and be wiser with what I do. One thing for sure - I want to keep up regularly with my blog and aim to get a post out each Sunday night BUT I am not going to beat myself up if that doesn't happen. 


I was going to post this with a reflection on my first post of last year but as I re-read those January posts, I suddenly thought, this is a new year. Let me start new...so I am off to have a think and pray and ask God if He has anything specific to say to me for this coming year.
For now, one thing I want to do is to be getting to bed before midnight. I have 15 minutes left. There is an exciting year ahead and I don't want to miss any of it. Maybe I will get something in my dreams tonight - watch this space!

For now, a great Psalm of David
Psalm 16 in The Message

Keep me safe, O God, 
I've run for dear life to You.
I say to God, 'Be my Lord!'
Without You nothing makes sense.
And these God-chosen lives all around - 
what splendid friends they make!
Don't just go shopping for a god.
Gods are not for sale.
I swear I'll never treat god-names like brand names.
My choice is You, God, first and only.
And now I find I'm Your choice!
You set me up with a house and yard.
And then You made me Your heir!
The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake
is confirmed by my sleeping heart. 
Day and night, I'll stick with God;
I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
I'm happy from the inside out
and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You cancelled my ticket to hell - 
that's not my destination!
Now, You've got my feet in the life path, 
all radiant from the shining of Your face.
Ever since You took my hand, 
I'm on the right way.

And finally, a song which is a great prayer for the year ahead from the worshippers of Kings Cross Church in London, Kingdom Come - listen here 

No comments:

Post a Comment