Monday 21 January 2013

Baby steps


How is it I can jump and dance around the kitchen and pirouette around the corridors at work but put me in the church and unless I am alone, all I can manage is a vague wee jump?
Last evening's worship was fabulous. Joyous. If I had wings that worked, I think I would have taken off.
I had even cleared an extra row of chairs at the back in anticipation that I would dance out the joy I had been feeling this week.
I saw M and asked her if she was up for a dance but she had to go home, exhausted by the exertions of her week. But I was spurred to jump on a chair (she is WAY taller than me) and pray an open heaven over her for her way home.
I am all for encouraging others to step out in acts of faith and I step some myself on occasions but this dancing thang - I just freeze!  Yet God is  TOTALLY worthy of my making a 'fool' of myself.
That said, after the service, I caught sight of G at the front of the church and just got seized with an impulse, dashed over, grabbed both her hands and said, 'G., will you have a swing round with me?' and before she could say No swung her round in two circles, laughing. (She said afterwards she didn't mind)
It was fun.
Hmmmmm...as I write, I remember we should be like little children before the Lord. Maybe I could grab one of them sometime - partly as an excuse but also to be as God's hand in mine and to encourage others. 
Thank you, Father, that 'my' desire is on Your heart too and You will bring about Your purposes.


Make Your purpose my worshipping abandonment.
Let Your heart and purpose for me dwell in my thoughts, dreams and conversations in these days ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment