Monday 14 January 2013

Blessed to be a blessing

Oh my - what a few days. I can't believe I haven't written for so long

Today has been about encouragement.
First - I was on an early shift today. Hub very kindly volunteered to go out to sweep the car of snow at 7am only to find the battery of the car AND our old van was dead and suggested I ring a taxi.
However, he managed to jump start the car and off I drove - what a hero. Not a moan from his lips ...just his servant heart.

At work, I felt I should take the difficult step (for me) of speaking to a member of staff about the way she had been speaking to a couple of the residents...but how!? I hate confrontation and I didn't want to either upset her or put me on the road to disliking me if I could help it.
Well - I considered THIS field and asked God for wisdom as I headed down the corridor to talk to her whilst she was on break. As I approached the door, I had a sudden thought (HA!! Those sudden thoughts) I put my head out the door (she was having a smoke with another gal) and asked if I could borrow her for a mo. She replied that she WAS on break but I assured her I wasn't wanting her to do anything. As she came in, I asked her if she was OK. She had a bit of a headache and a blocked nose. Why?
I said, gently, I wanted to make sure she was OK because I had noticed that she was a bit sharp with a couple of the residents and I wondered if anything had happened. She immediately apologised for the way she had been  - which I thought was brilliant of her to have recognised that - and that it was mainly physical things plus the whole workload that had got to her. I asked if I could give her a hug and gave her a BIG one which I was SO grateful to do and said to enjoy the rest of her break.
As I headed off, I was SO thankful not to have gone in any differently. I feel like our (rare) relationship was put on a different level and that God's inspiration - for that is surely what it was - has enabled me to be a blessing instead of a curse.
As I left work that day and got into the car, the battery was flat again!!!! I phoned Hub for advice and yet again, without a moan or complaint, he set out to rescue me. As I waited, I read a wonderful email on my phone sent to Hub and I from a church member - a wonderful soul - to say thanks for being such a blessing to folk at the church etc. It totally touched my heart and as I write, I thank God that people are such a blessing to me from Him.

I am a very very blessed woman and today's field considered, led me to buy into new levels of relationships with people in a way I totally didn't expect.
Thank you lovely Father :)

No comments:

Post a Comment