Wednesday 9 January 2013

The blog begins

Why, 'Considering my Field'?

A couple of years ago, I came across a saying
(those who know me know I LOVE sayings)

'Let the rest of your life be the best of your life'

It really appealed to me.
At just over 50 years old, I couldn't see how the rest of my life could be better than what had gone but I wanted it to be. I felt I was stagnating as a Christian and asked God to help me out of my spiritual rut.
And He has!
I feel alive again and excited to walk with God each day so I thought I would write things down - mainly to read back and encourage myself to see what God is doing but also to encourage others that anything is possible with God

Proverbs 31:16 says,

'She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard'


Each day opens new before me - a new 'field' to consider, to anticipate, to ask God about and to plan.
Buying a field implies a confidence and committment - I want to be committed to my day; to 'buy' it  - to ask God to do something with me and in me.
Out of what I gain - earn - out of my days of adventuring with God, I want to invest in His kingdom and be used to plant His presence wherever I am.
This blog will be a mixture of recording that and remembering how He has brought me thus far and where God takes me to each day!
With a bit of anything else thrown in :D

No comments:

Post a Comment