Thursday 10 January 2013

Praying, singing and dancing

Ooh - this morning, I went up to our church as it's our week of prayer, to spend some time praying.
I took Hubby's guitar up with me. We had had an evening of worship last night and I was inspired ro restart spending musical time in prayer.
When I got into the sanctuary, it was empty. I had the place all to myself and God :o)))
I prayed, read the bible and sang with the guitar. I was a bit nervous and spooked at times by the various creaks and noises around. One song I started singing, (Show Your Power) was quite high and I felt timid about singing it but then thought how I was there to pray and praise God not worry about man so I let rip and SO enjoyed it. If God didn't hear it, He musta had earplugs in. I even felt He would answer the prayer :D
To be honest, I don't know what I would have done if someone HAD come in but I am grateful for such opportunities as today's to give things a go and grow in confidence a little.


I have told our facilities supervisor, Chris, that if I am ever singing or dancing in the sanctuary when he comes in, just to pass through as if he hasn't seen me!
I do long to be free enough and secure enough to praise God in any way in anybody's presence. It's a learning process and God has used our being at St John's with Nigel and Annie at the helm, together with a few others, to help me cross boundaries I never thought I would. I have expectation that I will dance with David yet ( 2 Samuel 6:14 ) I also hope and pray that many in our church will seek and find that freedom too - I don't want to be on my own - and I shan't be wearing just a linen ephod 

I do find it amazing and exciting to think of the over-the-boundary steps I have taken this last couple of years. I do have to resist comparing my small efforts to the astounding acts of faith of other Christians I know or                    have heard of otherwise I might feel defeated rather than encouraged.

My aim is always to be growing; taking risks; to be moving forward and deepening my relationship with God and commitment to Him.
Hmmm - maybe I shouldn't say 'never' to the ephod

No comments:

Post a Comment